Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

9.27.2010

Leavin' On A Jet Plane

Ok, so I'm actually COMING HOME on a jet plane, but I love that song... any other fans out there???

My mom is moving on October 16 and I decided to go with her! I had already planned for the girls to have a fall break from October 18-22, so it worked out perfectly! I'm going to help them drive their van to Arizona and stay for an entire week to help them unpack and get settled in. Then the girls and I will fly home on the 23rd. I'm a little nervous about riding an airplane with both of my girls without the help of my husband, but I'm sure we'll be fine. And the girls are SUPER-excited because they have never flown before and can't wait to do it!

I bought the tickets last week, but I had this grand scheme on how I wanted to tell the girls. I was going to make up little clues and arrange a scavenger hunt. After they collected all of the clues they were going to have to figure out the plan. But my dear little Zora is just way to nosy and smart for something like that. She's apparently been eavesdropping on my conversations with Nana without my knowledge, and put it all together. She just came right out yesterday and said, "Mom, are we going to Arizona with Nana and then flying home?" Well, I NEVER lie to my children, so I confessed everything right there. So, BAH-HUM-BUG to her. No fun games from this Mommy. But that really doesn't matter...we'll still have a fun trip :-)

2 comments:

S. said...

I can't hear that song without thinking of "Armageddon" which doesn't do good things for my mental vision of airplane rides. I need Xanax to fly any more! I hope you and the girls have a great, SAFE trip. We'll miss you!

PraiseJunky said...

Thinking about you this week while you are spending time with your momma. Praying for a wonderful week and a safe flight home.