Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

9.27.2010

Ladies' Lunch & Mass Destruction

This weekend Joel and I each got a few hours to enjoy what we each like best.

We started out Saturday morning getting ready for my Pampered Chef party. My husband was gracious enough to help out when I asked so that everything would be in order when the guests arrived. He also watched the kids while the ladies all enjoyed a couple hours together and a very yummy lunch. I didn't have a huge showing of people, but we definitely enjoyed one another's company and the fun of "shopping" together! (If you are interested in buying something my show won't "close" until Thursday, Sept 30, so you can still order... just click here and then enter my first and last name under option 1).

After the guests left and I got the kitchen cleaned and back in order, Joel got to enjoy some macho-man time. I don't know if all men enjoy tearing things apart, but I know Joel does. As I mentioned in a previous post Joel built us a new shed because our old one was falling apart - the door fell off a couple of years ago and the floor was rotting. Well, he spent the afternoon tearing down the old one. It actually was tougher to tear down than we had originally anticipated, but with a truck, towing chain, chainsaw, and sledge hammer, the job was finally complete. Not only did he get it torn down, but we even got it all cut up, on a trailer ready to haul off, AND the ground re-leveled in a matter of 4 hours! Whew!

Shed before...

Timber!!!


After... now we can see the new shed :-)
We still have a little bit of cleaning up to do around the new shed, but it already looks much better! And now the girls have that much more play area in our backyard :-)

No comments: