Anyhow, while we were going through all the things in the shed we came across so many things from our past. Boxes full of our childhood memories, of our dating years, and our wedding. I loved reminiscing! However the funny part was when I came to the box of my old toys... I actually remember putting that box in there when we first got married and thinking, "I'll save these and maybe someday I'll have kids who will want to play with these." Well, it is now eleven-and-a-half years later and I can't believe I'm just now getting them out for my girls to play with!!!
My girls absolutely LOVE playing with baby dolls. They love to dress them up, play house, teach them... they are little mommies in the making :-) So they were ecstatic when I found the box FULL of all my original Cabbage Patch Kids - 9 dolls in all with all their original birth certificates, clothes, and accessories! The only downfall was that somehow four of them had mildew which we could not get off, so we were only able to save 5 of the dolls.
Here they are in their original outfits! How fun is that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
In the same box was this little doll that a family friend made for me when I was a little girl.
She is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I remember giving her "shots" when I was little and sneaking into my mom's bathroom so I could get band-aids for her sore legs :-) When I pulled her out of the box, she actually still had a small round band-aid stuck to the back of her leg where I used to give her shots! The girls have named her Aamina after their soon-to-be-cousin who is still in Ethiopia and who we cannot wait to meet! (For more of my cousin's adoption story click here and if you'd like to help out click here)
Reliving your childhood with your own children is so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment