Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

9.13.2010

My First Sewing Project!

My mom is SUPER TALENTED. If it is creative and crafty - you name it - she can do it.

Unfortunately, I AM NOT. And unfortunately I never took the time when I was younger to ask her to teach me all those wonderful things, especially sewing.

Well, recently I acquired my late Granny Bea's sewing table/machine. I am honored to have it sitting in my house, but I really wanted to put some use to it, so I asked my mom to teach me. She gave me my first simple lesson - a pillow. And it is complete!


It now sits on Zora's bed. The next project will be throw pillows for Lily's bed. Then maybe I'll get brave enough to tackle a project besides just pillows!

The only bad thing is that I'm quickly running out of time to have more sewing lessons. My teacher - a.k.a. my mom - is MOVING TO ARIZONA.

I am NOT happy about it. But I'm happy for her and for my step-dad. I will miss them terribly and so will my kids. That's all I can post now about it or I will start crying.

Until next time...

1 comment:

S. said...

(((HUGS))) That pillow looks great!