I love to read.
Always have.
Always will.
Always have.
Always will.
The problem is that I don't have much TIME to read anymore since motherhood hit me almost 7 years ago.
Usually the only things I have time to read is my Bible study (which I thoroughly enjoy), or children's books with my girls (that's enjoyable too), or all the blogs I follow (which I highly recommend for some good reading - look on the right side for some great suggestions!).
But this summer I've really taken the initiative to MAKE TIME for reading. Here are some of the great books I would recommend...
Bringing Up Girls by Dr. James Dobson
A must read if you have girls.
If you have boys he also has one called Bringing Up Boys
A must read if you have girls.
If you have boys he also has one called Bringing Up Boys

Pocahontas: True Princess by Mari Hanes
This book is fabulous. Zora and I read one chapter every night together before bedtime. We studied about Pocahontas last year in her first grade history curriculum and she loves the Disney movie, but this book is based on real journal accounts of her life. It not only tells of her amazing life and love for all people, but also her spiritual journey and the life she found in Christ.
The Ministry of Motherhood by Sally ClarksonI "borrowed" this book from my dear friend Amy Voss a few years ago. I had no intentions of keeping it this long, but I'm just now getting around to reading it. I'm about half-way through it and I've enjoyed every minute of it. It is, however, very challenging for me to read because I see so much more that I should be doing as a mother. I'm taking serious notes! (So, Amy, if you're reading this please allow me to "borrow" this for a few more weeks and then I'll mail it to you!!!)
Here's what is coming up on our reading list. I found these books in the Bargain Bins at Target. They are some of the old classics and they were only $1 each!!! What a Steal!!! I can't wait to read these with Zora :-)Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Story of Doctor Dolittle by Hugh Lofting
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
The Story of Doctor Dolittle by Hugh Lofting
1 comment:
"Bringing Up Girls" and "Bringing Up Boys" are awesome, as is "The New Strong-Willed Child." Parenting books have been my main source of reading this summer; it's good to know I'm in such good company with my choice of material!
Post a Comment