However, there is another little "flower" that steals my heart in a completely different way...
I tell you what, this little girl beats all I've ever seen. She is the most unique kid I've ever met. Her personality is so different.
Sometimes she is as shy as shy gets; other times she is literally bouncing-off-the-wall crazy.
Sometimes she is very tom-boyish; other times she is a very girly-girl.
Sometimes she is as ornery as all get-out; other times she is my little cuddle love-bug.
Sometimes she has me in stitches with her far out sayings and thoughts; other times she is very serious and contemplates the big questions in life.
Sometimes she is very frustrating to parent; other times I'm honored to be called her mother.
So this post is in honor of my little flower that makes me smile.
Today she counted by two's all the way to 28! I had no idea she could do that. I never taught her that, she just figured it out herself!
She also fixed her own hair today.
Hilarious, I tell you.
She got these new head-bands from her Mamma Dee, but she doesn't want to wear them like a normal head band. She has her OWN STYLE.
She was so proud of herself for fixing her hair, but all I could do was laugh. I felt like I was looking at a miniature version of the recent "star" of the last Survivor, SHAMBO. What do you think???

Something else I love about her is that she LOVES hand-me-downs. She gets so excited when her sissy outgrows something and we get to move it to her closet. This week was like Christmas to her because her "big cousin", Alli, gave us sacks full of clothes & books. She also gave us her daybed! While Lily was a little bit sad to see her other bed taken down, she is thrilled to have a "new bed" with a "secret bed" (a.k.a. trundle bed) underneath!
NEW BED
Thank you, Lily, for being so unique and for making this flower-loving-mama smile!
I love you!
1 comment:
I love your musings. And I love your mission statement. It's so simple, yet right on.
Post a Comment