In case you don't know about Junie B. Jones, she is a character in a series of books written by Barbara Park. She has a hilarious personality and a very funny viewpoint in life. In the beginning of the series she is a kindergartner and as the series progresses it follows her through the elementary school years.
Zora absolutely LOVES reading Junie B. Jones books. The only thing I don't like about Junie B. is that she has a major attitude problem and sometimes says words we don't use - like
stupid or
dumb, etc. I allow Zora to read the books, anyhow, and we just have to talk about not doing the unkind things that Junie B. sometimes does.
Now to the point of this post... The Junie B. Jones Stupid Smelly Bus Tour only went to a few select cities in the nation and our city was one of them!!! It was at one of our Barnes & Noble Bookstores. They had the actual Stupid Smelly Bus parked outside the store and then a short little show featuring Junie B. and the bus driver inside the store.
Zora and Lily in front of the Stupid Smelly Bus

Making bracelets waiting for the show to start

The girls in a sea of little people waiting for the show to start

Whoever plays the actual character in these little shows is absolutely hilarious. I honestly think she was funnier than some of the books. The girls got a seat close enough that they could see really well. I think all the kids enjoyed it. Just look at their faces. Can you find Zora & Lily???

When the show was over Junie B. was available to sign her books, but the line was VERY long and when I asked them if they wanted to wait they said NO. We settled instead for a picture with the backdrop. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment