Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

5.03.2009

Humiliation

Just leave it to my kids to embarrass me...that's what they're for, right? Well, mine didn't just do it in public where I didn't know anyone and could escape quickly, they did it at CHURCH.

This morning during the potty break Lily commented to her Sunday School teacher about little boys being physically different than little girls... I'm sure you get the drift.

Then, this evening while I am just wrapping up choir practice and I have a group of adults sitting and listening very quietly about what will be going on for the next couple of weeks, Zora and one of the little boys from our church approach and interrupt. In a less than quiet voice the little boy - bless his heart - tells me that Zora just showed him her panties. I ask Zora if it's true and she says yes with a very sheepish grin on her face only to "justify" it with, "But he's my friend, Mommy!" I apologize to the little guy and quickly scold Zora and send her away only to realize that I still have a group of very quiet adults sitting right in front of me. WONDERFUL! They all thought it was hilarious because they have already "been there and done that" with their kiddos. I felt about an inch tall, but some of the gracious women in our church tried to make me feel better by telling me some of their kids' stories from long ago. At least we all got a good laugh, huh? I guess that's how God keeps us humble... our children reminding us that we're NOT perfect parents :)

I'm sure that one day I'll look back on this and think it's absolutely hilarious, but for now I'm going to "lay low" at church and try to keep my kids quiet!

1 comment:

michelle hays said...

haha! That's perfect! I love it. The other day, I was in my (very tiny) church in mcallen, I started feeding Katy. Suddenly the only other toddler saw Katy's fork and started shouting (mid sermon)

"FAAAAAK! FAAAAAAK! FAAAAAAAAAAAAK!