Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

4.28.2009

Just Catching Up!

It has been absolutely GORGEOUS here this past week (until today). The weather has been so wonderful that we have spent as much time as possible outside. We got to have our first picnic of the year, had several playdates with friends, and of course we had to go to the zoo!!!
With all this beautiful weather I've had to FORCE myself to stay on top of Zora's schoolwork. We have finally finished all 7 continents! We wrapped up Africa last week. We are now learning about the human body and we will continue learning about how we can care for this beautiful earth God has allowed us to use. Which brings up another thing...we are really into this reduce, reuse, recycle thing!!! I used to think that I wasn't really a wasteful person, but after doing these lessons with Zora I realized that we weren't doing all that we could as family to help take care of our part of the big picture. So, we have started a compost in the backyard, and we are now recycling paper, plastic, glass & cans. What I love is that we've only been doing it for a week or so and the girls already know what trash goes where!

Zora has lost another tooth, so now she has a double gap right in front! Too cute!
She also did something the other night that I just have to post. Joel went in to check on both of the girls and retuck them in as we were headed to bed and he called me in there laughing. This is what was in Zora's bed with her...
I'm so glad she loves to read! I guess it's better for her to be sneaking books and a flashlight than something else into her bed!

Last Thursday we went to another art class at the Gilcrease Museum and the girls had a lot of fun building collages. They were supposed to make a collage of their favorite place. Lily choose McDonalds - imagine that! - and Zora chose the pond at her Papa's house where Joel took them fishing. Here are some pics of them hard at work!


We also took advantage of the beautiful Woodward Park and took lots and lots and lots of pictures! Here are several!!!






Have a great week!

No comments: