Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

5.14.2009

April Showers Bring...

... May Flowers









And everything else that comes with May - a LOT more rain and busy, busy, busy schedules!!! I have been in over my head trying to do a Just Between Friends sale, work a booth at Rooster Days, and Mother's Day all in the same weekend!

I did alright at the JBF sale. I got rid of about half of what I wanted, but I guess that's better than nothing! Our Rooster Days booth also did a little less than we had hoped for, but we were at least able to talk to a lot of people and get our information out there! I was blessed to be able to spend my Mother's Day with my own precious babies, my incredible mother, and even my sweet mother-in-law. I'm absolutely exhausted this week and trying not to overcommit myself. Apparently I have a hard time saying NO!

I don't really have any pictures to post of the past couple of weeks, but I've gotten so many laughs from my girls these past few days. Every day one of them seems to say something that either has me laughing hysterically or melts my heart. Lily is really the one the cracks me up the most... she is an absolute clown! Last Friday as we were on our way to playgroup but we had to make a stop at the post office first. While I was putting the bill in the mail I noticed a cat in a nearby field ready to pounce something. I pointed it out to the girls thinking I would get in one of those "teachable moments". We watched as this cat chased a mouse and Lily said, " Cats and dogs eat mice, Mommy, but people don't". I say, "That's right, Lily. There are also other animlas that eat mice, like owls, snakes..." Lily interupts me to say, "Snakes are bad, Mommy. The devil is a snake. He's bad. The devil makes you do bad things like toot in people's faces."

WHAT???
I swear I don't know where my kids get these ideas! On the other hand, Zora said something that absolutely melted my heart. Our pastor's family is moving to Arizona. They are our dearest friends and a huge piece of our lives will be moving with them. Lily was talking about how much she will miss Eva and Zora said, "Lily, don't you want other people to know about Jesus? Daniel has to go tell the people in Arizona about Jesus." So sweet :)
While this week has been rather calm we are gearing up for next week - it's recital week!!! Both of the girls will be in the dance recital so I'm sure I will have plenty of pictures to post. It's also mine and Joel's 10th anniversary! We'll be spending it at the girls' recital, but what better way to celebrate these last 10 years than watching our babies dance their hearts out?!?! I am more than blessed... a husband who treats me like a princess and two babies that are my pride and joy!

No comments: