Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

2.04.2011

MORE SNOW!!!

I can't hardly believe it, but it is snowing again!  Another large accumulation is expected and they are predicting two or three more snowstorms within the next few days.  I may not ever be able to get my car out of the driveway!!!  I'm just thankful to be inside where it's warm.  I do LOVE watching the snow fall - it's absolutely breathtaking.  I just don't like being out in it :-)

Yesterday I was finally able to open my front door.  Apparently the wind blew hard enough that it blew snow between our storm door and front door, and then that melted and refroze at some point.  So yesterday morning when I tried to open the door they were frozen shut together.  With the help of a hair dryer and some towels I finally managed to get the door open and then it took me over an hour to scrape off all the ice that had accumulated.  I got the biggest bowl I had in my kitchen and it was about 3/4 full by the time I was finished!
And my husband was able to clear enough of the snow drifts away from our front door that we can actually open the storm door now and get out into the front yard!  YAY!!!  But now, we are expected to have much more, so who knows what will happen?!?!

And, speaking of my husband, I just have to say that he is such a wonderful man.  He is a great provider and a very hard worker.  He left Wednesday morning around 10am to go snow plow and did not return until Thursday evening at 6pm!  That's 38 hours of work with no sleep!  Poor guy.  Needless to say he was happy to be home last night and we crashed earlier than normal.  But he's out there again today plowing away again.  Bless his heart!

No comments: