Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

2.01.2011

INSANITY!!!

Remember this picture from my last post???
Well, that was only three days ago.  It was a beautiful 78 degrees and we spent it outside soaking up the sun.

Today it looks like this...

And the high today was 12 degrees.  
Seriously?!?!?!?!?! 

And, yes, that is my car, almost completely buried.  The snow started falling last night at 10:30pm and did not stop until about 4pm today.  That is a lot of snow!!!  We cannot open our front door.  The girls and I have absolutely no reason to leave the house, but Joel needed to get out to work.  So, he had to go out the back door and then realized that he couldn't get through either one of our gates because of the high snow drifts, so he had to jump the fence to get to his truck in the front yard.  It's a good thing his truck wasn't parked in the back like it usually is!  He would have been shoveling his way out the back gate forever.  This is the drift at our back gate.

Absolute insanity!!!

However, I must admit that I do enjoy being trapped inside.  It's a slow-paced life right now.  Nowhere to go, no important things to do.  I'm thankful that we have enough food to last for the next week or so and that we still have electricity.


It's been too cold to let the girls out in the snow, but hopefully by the end of the week the temperature will be at least in the 30s and they can get out to play in it!  So maybe I'll have some fun snow pics at the end of the week.  And my doctor's appointment for tomorrow was rescheduled for Friday, so hopefully we'll be able to get across town by then to get more pics of Baby #3 :-)

1 comment:

PraiseJunky said...

Craziness for sure!!

I will be passing through your neck of the woods sometime this weekend. Not sure for how long. Trey and I are driving out to meet with a man about a job in Kansas. Please pray that God will let us know if this is where He wants us.
Hope to see you while we are "out west".