Lily is improving by leaps and bounds right before my eyes this year. Her favorite subject is math! She can't wait to get her math worksheet each day and pull out the number line and abacus to add & subtract. Her handwriting is also very nice for a four-year-old. We've been working hard on writing the letters correctly and putting sounds together. She used to dread trying to read words to me, but now she attacks it with zest! Reading is not her favorite subject, but she is learning! She has one book each week that she has to read to me each day. At the beginning of the week it is sometimes a struggle to get through the book, but by the end of the week she reads with confidence! Here is a video of her book this week:
eating lunch on the deck
playing with a crayfish (or crawdad)
a nice walk through the woods
We also went to our local Air & Space Museum with some friends. Here is the tour guide teaching the girls what to do to "fly" the plane.
Zora concentrates on flying the plane
Lily concentrates too!
The girls enjoyed looking at all the planes there!
Lily then got to role play her dream job! She has been telling me for a couple of months now that she wants to work in some sort of aviation field. Either an astronaut, pilot, or at a launch control center. The tour guide chose her to be the launch commander. She was beside herself with excitement. Chole (left) was the Captain, Zora (right) was the Co-captain, and Lily (middle) was the Launcher. She was so proud to push the red button and launch the spaceship!
Here is the spaceship going up!
Zora as an astronaut
Lily as an astronaut
Even I joined in on the fun and got to experience driving a spacechair. It was harder than you'd think! The controls were super-sensitive!After we looked at the airplanes and spaceships we had some fun learning about weather.
Girls in the tornado tube
Zora & Lily giving the news
Zora forecasting the weather
It seems a flood is headed our way!!!
We have just 2 short weeks left until Christmas break!!!!
Hooray
4 comments:
Great job!! Lily is growing up so much, I just can't believe it! We treasure you and your family so much. Thank you for being part of our lives. Love you all! xo
I read so much of what we're doing in your post! We're also studying soil this week, and M1 is so excited about learning what an amoeba is and where it lives and what it eats. He also started multiplication and is finally understanding the point of the skip-counting CD that I've been playing in the car for months. It's good to know I'm not raising a slacker lol. That is awesome about Lily, too! She's an amazing young lady (OK, they both are) and just impresses me every time I see her.
You do so many fun things with your girls! I'm looking for a book or devotional to do with my two oldest (4 & 2 1/2), and I've bought several books at Mardel and they were either too babyish or light or way over their heads. Can you email me what you use for your girls daily bible lesson? Phoebekatt@hotmail.com
I just cannot believe how grown-up Zora looks (Lily too)! She is really becoming such a little lady! So cute! :)
Post a Comment