Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

9.18.2010

Flower Girls!!!

Several months ago some dear friends of ours asked Zora & Lily to be the flower girls in their wedding. Of course the response was YES! The girls had two reasons to be excited about the occasion:

Reason #1 They get to be pampered like a princess and look like a princess!

In preparation for the big event, I took the girls yesterday afternoon for some "big girl" pampering. They both got their fingernails and toenails painted.

Reason #2 Their good friends, Reid & Pierce were going to be the ring bearers!

Here are the kiddos at the rehearsal last night. They were so happy to see each other!

Lily, Pierce, Zora & Reid

This morning Lily's allergies started acting up so badly that we had to start the day with medicine and breathing treatments :-( This is NOT what Lily had in mind for such a special day. But Zora came to the rescue by reading to her so she wouldn't be sad. What a good big sissy!
Then we were off to the hair salon to get pampered some more! The bride's mother is a beautician, so she was happy to fix the girls' hair for me. She did a great job!

Zora's hair

Putting on the tiara
Lily's hair is so thin and fine that in order to give it some body and get it to curl she had to start with it a little WILD... perfect fit for Miss Lily!

A tiara for the little princess, too!

The girls loved their beautiful new hairdos!
After getting their hair done we had an hour-and-a-half to wait at the church until picture time. I was a nervous wreck about this long wait because I didn't want their hair to come undone. So, how do you get two very active little girls to sit perfectly still for that long?

Put in a movie and buy them some pizza!
After the long wait was over I quickly put on their make-up and slid them into their dresses just before picture time. Here is Lily sitting so patiently and quietly waiting for her turn to take pictures...

And Miss Zora daydreaming the time away
Finally picture time arrived. The girls hammed it up for the camera!

Zora, Amber & Lily

Reid, Devon & Pierce

The entire wedding party

Zora

Lily

Giggling Sisters

Cute little flower girls

I don't really believe in bribery, but I totally used it this weekend. I was a nervous wreck about how they would act on stage during the ceremony. I told them that if they would do exactly what they were supposed to, and stand as still as a statue on stage for the entire ceremony that I would treat them to a date at the movies next week. It worked! They were great and the ceremony went off without one glitch! That makes for a happy bride & groom, a happy mommy and two very happy, beautiful little flower girls!

2 comments:

S. said...

They look gorgeous! You have beautiful girls anyway, but that hair is fantastic and the portraits are excellent!

Brilliant Creations said...

They look amazing. I cannot believe how big Lily has gotten this year. She's a little girl now. They are beautiful, just like their mommy. xo