Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

8.16.2010

American Idol Tour 2010!

Our whole family loves to watch American Idol. It probably has something to do with the fact that we all love music, but more than that it is so exciting to see someone go from "Jane Doe" to "Super Star" in a matter of a few months.

This season was no exception. We watched just about every episode and cheered for our favorites. So when I saw that the tour was coming to town I decided to get tickets as a surprise for Joel's birthday. His birthday was actually at the end of June, so he just got to open the tickets then, but last weekend we finally got to enjoy the show!

Waiting for the show to start
(I just realized that we both look REALLY TIRED in this picture. That's because we were!)
I forgot to charge my camera battery that day, so I was working on an almost dead battery. Also, because of the stage lighting many of my pictures turned out very strange. The only pictures that really ended up looking good were the pics of the screen BEFORE the singers came out on stage. So here are the pictures of the pictures of the stars :-)

Katie was much better performing LIVE than she was on the show.
She's got some pipes!
Speaking of some major pipes...
Siobhan Magnus
...and YES she did her famous unbelievable note! It was great. She is definitely an incredible singer and performer, but her personality is a little too "dark" for my taste.

Aaron is just a sweet, innocent kid with a lot of talent and an adorable little face.

Michael is as big as you think he is. HUGE. But such a talented singer.
And he did a love song to his wife and baby girl.
Precious.

Casey James, in my opinion, was just an "okay" singer, but he can play the guitar like no one I've ever heard before! It was amazing!

Casey and Michael doing the duet they did on the show...
"Have You Ever Loved A Woman?"

Crystal Bowersox definitely had the best performances of the night. I truly think she should have won the title of "American Idol". She is a better musician, performer, and singer than Lee and she totally stole the show that night!

Here is a short video clip (remember my camera battery was almost dead!) of one of Crystal's performances "Come To My Window". She is so talented! The sound quality on the video isn't the greatest, but she is playing the guitar and the harmonica and then sings the ending of the song.



Lee did good too, but he still didn't hold a candle to Crystal!

Finale - Top 10 American Idols!

1 comment:

justme said...

What a fun night! I loved Crystal and Siobhan and Katie most. The one good thing about Crystal NOT winning is that she actually has a chance of putting out an album that isn't a "sell-out" (or commercial) album (like our poor David Cook), it should be HER for real. Know what I mean? :)