Well, my sweet Zora is having a birthday in just two more days, and all of those memories have been coming back to me these past few days as I've prepared for her celebration.
But now we have an even more important date and reason to celebrate.
The day she was born into the family of God!
Zora fully surrendered her heart to the Lord tonight after a long discussion that she initiated just before bedtime. She began asking a lot of questions and I answered them according to what the Bible says. I also have a book that I HIGHLY recommend called "Everything A Child Should Know About God" by Kenneth N. Taylor. The book really puts the Bible on a child's level and makes difficult concepts easier to understand.
I will never forget the sweet time we shared together as we discussed everything snuggled up in her bed. I will also never forget the precious prayer she prayed as she asked Jesus to come into her heart and to help her live as she should every day. And I will help her to never forget the day she made the BEST decision of her life.
One of her concerns was what would happen if she "messed up" or "did something bad". I just reminded her that no one is perfect and that's exactly why we needed Christ to come to die for our sins. Just because you become a Christian doesn't mean you will live perfectly from there on out. It just means you can hold onto the precious grace and mercy that God so freely gives to His children.
And that's exactly what she is now...
HIS CHILD.
Adopted into the family of God.
August 16, 2010 at 10:49 pm
HIS CHILD.
Adopted into the family of God.
August 16, 2010 at 10:49 pm
3 comments:
That is awesome!!! Its making me cry! She is such an amazing girl!
Dear Zora,
Welcome to our other family! Love you, you are a precious child!
Cynthia
You win :) http://www.unpluggedmom.com/
Post a Comment