Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

5.02.2010

Surprise!!!

My Granny had her first surprise birthday party ever - for her 80th birthday!!!

We went down on Friday afternoon and spent the night with my cousin's family. We always have a blast with them! On Saturday I rode with my cousin to pick up the cake - which was adorable - and then we decorated all afternoon. It was a lot of fun and it ended up being very beautiful.

While I was walking around taking pictures of all the family who had gathered waiting for Granny, I realized that our family quite possibly has the cutest kids on the planet. Let me introduce you to them....

NORA JEAN
NOLAN
NATHAN

CANAAN
LINCOLN

LILY ANN (with little Tru)

JAKE

CAYLIN

CAMRYN

ALLI

These are all of the great-granddaughters...
Camryn, Nora, Alli, Lily & Zora
So after all the family gathered we waited for Granny. She hasn't felt great lately because she is on chemo pills, but we managed to come up with a good enough story to get her out of her house and to my cousin's house. We all hid so when she came through the door and we all jumped out and said, "SURPRISE!", she was truly shocked!
She was so grateful to see everyone and have everyone gather for her birthday. Of course, you can't have a party without some presents...

...and every party also has to have delicious food, of which we had plenty! The kids really enjoyed the end of the party because Gina brought out some rice krispie treats for them to decorate with icing.


Our family is so blessed to have such an amazing woman. My Granny has been such a blessing to so many people over the past 80 years. I'll finish with the video of her birthday song.

We love you, Granny!




2 comments:

S. said...

Congratulations! What a neat surprise! You can tell she feels loved. Special days :)

Rachel Miller said...

What a wonderful weekend! We enjoyed having you all here so, so much! Everytime you leave I begin anticipating our next visit. I seriously need to take blogging lessons from you too! I love this about Gran's party! I love you!