Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

5.15.2010

Mother's Day

I have to brag on my family for all of my special treatments I received this year for Mother's Day.

First, on Friday night my mom and step-dad treated me by watching the kids all night so I could have a little bit of "quiet time". Then, on Saturday my husband washed and detailed my car for me. What a treat! :-)

On Sunday morning, I was awakened by my husband and girls with a yummy breakfast in bed - pancakes, fruit, fruit dip and milk. They also greeted me with hugs, kisses and a few gifts.

Bringing Up Girls by Dr. James Dobson
WOW Worship CDs

My favorite gifts are the homemade ones. I received numerous homemade cards that were absolutely precious, and Zora put $1 in one of her cards :-) Lily also gave me a small bottle of lotion with her cards.

When we got to church I got two more gifts. My mother-in-law had taken the girls to The Purple Glaze about a month ago and they each made me a vase. My MIL brought them to church for the girls to give to me. They are absolutely precious.

Zora painted the purple one and Lily painted the yellow one

When we got home from church my husband ordered me to cuddle on the bed with the girls. As we cuddled he fixed an amazing lunch... steak, corn, scalloped potatoes, and steamed veggies. If we had gone out to eat that lunch would have cost a fortune - it was truly the most delicious steak ever! So I got to eat a very yummy lunch in my nice, comfy robe :-)

My only disappointment from Mother's Day is that I didn't get a picture of me and the girls! The day flew by and the girls were already in bed before I realized that we never took one. Nevertheless, the day was perfect because I spent it with my wonderful hubby and darling girls :-)

2 comments:

S. said...

What a sweet family you have! I love those vases, too. How darling :)

Brilliant Creations said...

What a great family!! Fruit dip?? I'm jealous!!!! :)