Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

2.03.2010

Extracurricular FUN!!!

We're still clipping right along with our schoolwork, but we've really been enjoying some extracurricular activities as well.

The girls are still both in gymnastics and loving every minute of it. Lily is still in the same class, but Zora got to move up to an older class in the BIG gym.

Handstand
Tippy-toes!

On the balance beam


Forward rolls


And of course I have to include Lily :-) Sorry it's sideways!



Since the girls were born they've both loved music. They love to sing and they love to dance. We always keep plenty of musical instruments around for them to play with. Lily has really been into the "kitar" (guitar) lately. Here she is serenading me with Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.

I promised Lily that I will pay for her to have lessons when she is a little older! Until then, she can just pluck along :-)

Zora has been begging me since she was 3 to teach her how to play the piano. I've hesitated for two reasons...
  1. I didn't want her to be doing it just because I play. I want her to pursue something she will love, not just something I love.
  2. She was too young as far as I was concerned to really learn the theory behind it and to be able to practice enough every day.

I've always let her play on my keyboard, but lately she has really been on me about teaching her. Last week I broke down and we bought some beginner books for her and started learning. Today she played her very first song. Here is her debut!

I always prayed when I was pregnant that they would be born with their Dad's sweet, tender, loving heart and my love for music. God answers even the little prayers!

No comments: