First we talked about the who, where & why art was started. Then Zora made a "cave drawing" of her own...
Then, they explored many different aspects of Egyptian art from hieroglyphs (this is Zora's name in hieroglyphs!)...
...to pyramids...
...and finally a clay creation (Zora chose to make a little bowl for her jewelry)...
All in all she learned a lot and had a lot of things reinforced that we've been studying about ancient Mesopotamia and ancient Egypt.
As I mentioned in the last post, Lily is learning by leaps and bounds. She is doing much more right now than I originally intended for her to do, especially in writing. She loves to try to write letters all by herself. Not only does she write her name, but she is writing almost her whole name! I only have to help her with s, u & e in our last name. She also surprised me a couple of days ago when she said, "Mommy, I just wrote your name." I looked at the page not expecting to see anything that actually resembled my name (because she didn't even ask me how to spell it) and I saw...
She actually wrote it, just from right to left instead of left to right. With a little bit of instruction she tried again and got it perfect :)
Lily also has a fashion statement all her own. I now understand why there are children at Walmart sometimes with the craziest things on... sometimes clothing is just not worth a battle. Anyhow, Lily loves to pick out her clothes every morning. Sometimes she does a pretty good job and sometimes it's hilarious. If we have somewhere important to go I do enforce an outfit change, but if we're not really doing anything I usually let it go. I recently got down some boots from the attic that used to be Zora's that Lily is now old enough to wear. They were an instant hit. She loved them so much that at bedtime while she was getting ready for bed she just couldn't hardly bear to take them off...
1 comment:
The boots are too cute! I try not to battle with clothes either but I did make Brett take the mullet wig off when going into the mall yesterday, instead we compromised with him wearing a red bandana like he was gangsta. Kids are so funny. :)
~Laura~
Post a Comment