Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

9.16.2009

Lily Can Read!!!

Lily has learned one letter each week for the past six weeks. She learns the name and sound of each letter, and how to write the capital and lower case. Since she had learned enough letters to put together a few short words I thought we'd give reading a try today... and she read 4 words!



I know I sound absolutely pathetic in the video and that's because I am. I found out on Monday night that I have the flu - type A - and I was informed by my friend, Kristy, that there is a 97% chance that it is H1N1. Lovely. It is no fun. This is the worst I've felt in a very long while! So the rest of you out there need to stay healthy - take your vitamins and wash those hands :)

3 comments:

Terra said...

Holy Incredible!!!!!! Yay Lillie!!!!!!!! Take care of yourself Tara! So sorry you are sick! Let me know if you need anything!

Kendra said...

Way to go, Lily!!! That's great! We miss you guys. Joshua was talking about Zora the other day. Good memories! Thanks for the comment about Micah...we can hardly believe he is 2. By the way, you coming to visit us at the hospital when he was born meant so much to me! Take care!

Brilliant Creations said...

Woo Hoo!! We are so excited for her!! Way to go Lily and mommy! xo