Where has the time gone? When you are pregnant and your child is a newborn everyone tells you, "Enjoy every moment because they'll be grown before you know it." What a TRUE statement. Even though I am so blessed to be able to stay home with my girls they are growing so fast I feel like I'm missing it!
We had a birthday party for Zora this past Saturday and we had so much fun! Over 50 people showed up to celebrate with us, and the kids had an absolute blast :) I think the Jupiter Jump was a hit and I know for a fact that Lily loved the cake!
Her big surprise at the end was a dollhouse. I was kind of bummed out because it didn't get here in time for the party, so I just wrapped a picture of it. By the look on her face she was excited anyway!
It actually arrived yesterday and I put it together while she was visiting her Mamma Dee. I was doing pretty well putting this huge thing together (it's over 4 feet tall!) until the very last step and the cross dowel nut and the screw that were left would NOT fit together. I twisted, turned, pulled, etc. until my hands hurt trying to make it work and it wouldn't budge! Very aggravated at this point I decided to go to the hardware store to find something else that would work. I get the part, come home, still won't budge! ARG! So I make another trip to the hardware store, get another part, get it in the dollhouse and it works but the screwhead is too big and looks kind of tacky, but I'm ready to roll with it because I'm exhausted. Then, Joel comes home from work, takes one hard twist on it and says, "Here, I fixed it for you!" WHAT?!?! I was very grateful because now it looks perfect, but I was also very aggrivated that I spent almost 2 hours on the LAST STEP of the assembly. So, after 4 hours of work and 2 trips to the hardware store we have a very cute dollhouse...
And of course, we can't go to Incredible Pizza without riding a virtual roller coaster! What's so funny to me is that you'd think they were riding a real one. This is NOT a posed picture... these were their actual facial expressions during the "ride"!
My dear sweet Zora... Happy 6th Birthday beautiful girl. You are so funny and smart that you amaze me. You truly are our pride and joy and we love you more than you can ever, ever, ever imagine! Six years ago today you gave me the best gift ever...parenthood. I still remember the first time I ever held you and the tears of joy that streamed down my face, just as they are right now as I think about how big you've gotten and how much I love you. As you grow up and mature, here is some advice I'd like to give you: always be yourself, continue to be a leader, set high expectations for yourself, but most of all, LOVE GOD and LOVE OTHERS. We Love YOU!!!
5 comments:
Happy Bithday Zora!!
Made me want to cry. Our children are such blessings. Thanks for the reminder.
Hope you and your family are doing well.
What a great dollhouse! I agree, our children are growing up too fast, the time is just flying by. I'm glad Zora had such a great birthday!
Laura
Happy Birthday, Zora! We love you and hope that you have a great year! The Cutsingers
What a beautiful blog. I love the pics of her at the party...so sweet! We had a great time, and hope she had the best bday ever....
awww....now i am crying tara! she is so precious. nothing like being a mommy!!!!
Post a Comment