Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

7.10.2009

Silly Lily


So all of you parents out there now how your heart just explodes every time you look at your children. Sometimes you feel emense joy & pride and at other times you feel sorrow, but your children make you overwhelmed with some kind of emotion on a daily basis.

I have to say that Lily is my child that always makes me laugh. I cannot even begin to tell you how funny she is ALL THE TIME even when she's not trying to be funny. The child just has a wit and sense of humor about her that crack me up!!! I truly wish I could remember all of the funny things she does, but if I were to record them all I would run out of paper quickly. I'm going to share just a few that have happened recently...
The above picture is on a day that we were playing in the yard without water. She just happened to want to wear both of her water rings. Then she started making these absolutely ridiculous faces that she now loves to do and calls it her "chubby baby face". Here's a couple of videos of the same day. She was full of humor that day!

One day we were in the car and she asked me to play a song off of my MP3 player. I asked her which one she wanted and she said, "Fritos in my heart". HUH? I'm totally confused because I know without a shadow of a doubt that I do not have a song with that title. After her continuing to request that song over and over and over and over and over (you get the picture) we were both getting a little frustrated. She was irritated with me for not playing this song and I was irriatated that she kept asking for this song and would not let up! I finally realized it was this song.

A couple of weeks ago we were at the dinner table and Lily let out a very loud burp. While I was getting ready to correct her and take this instance to remind her of proper table manners she said something that made me laugh so hard I threw all edicate out the window. I had her repeat it for the camera because it's much funnier to hear her say it...

Yes, that's right, she "burped-ed like a fat old man!"

She also pulled a stunt recently at church that made all people present laugh. The service was over and we were in the lobby waiting on Daddy to shut all of the sound system equipment down and I hear her little voice say "I need to go pee Mommy!" I was talking to 3 or 4 ladies of the church, so I turned around to see her waddling into the bathroom with her clothes down around her ankles and her little hiney shining bright! It's so hard to scold her for things like that when I'm laughing uncontrollably and tears are streaming down my face!

While she can be extremely funny she is also very sweet and tenderhearted and sometimes just the things she says make me laugh out loud. She loves to tell people that they are handsome or beautiful, and on a daily basis after I get dressed she tells me how pretty I look. The words she uses are so cute when she says them (I'm going to try to spell them how she says them). Imagine her chubby little hands stroking my cheeks as she says this in her soft, tiny little voice:

"Mommy, you go-jus (gorgeous)"

"Mommy, you bootie-full (beautiful)"
Hmmm... that one could have a double meaning :)

"Mommy, you just pwe-shus (precious)"
And that one by far is my favorite because that is the perfect word to describe her...
Absolutely PRECIOUS!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

She's such a cutie Tara! Love the "burped like a fat old man" comment - I was cracking up! :)