Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

6.23.2009

Letter from the President!!!

This morning we went to Big Splash and when we got home I saw a great big envelope sticking out of our mailbox. When I picked it up I saw it was addressed to Miss Zora Renae Summers and that the return address said

White House
Washington DC

That's right! Zora got a letter from the President!!!

When we began homeschooling I chose a handwriting program called A Reason For Handwriting (which I highly recommend!). It is a terrific program that teaches handwriting and uses God's Word to do so. Every week Zora would learn a memory verse and each day she had to write certain words or phrases from the verse. At the end of the week she would write the verse on decorative paper and choose someone to send it to... that's why I love the program... it teaches handwriting, Scripture memorization, and it teaches them to minister to others!!!

Okay, so back to my story :) Back in April her verse for the week was

What a wonderful thing it is for a nation to know and keep God's laws!
Proverbs 29:18

She chose to send it to the President that week and she even painted him a picture of the American flag. I also helped her write a letter that told a little about herself and that she was praying for him to lead our country in a godly manner . So, today she received a response!!! It is on official White House Letterhead with the President's seal on it and was a nice little letter thanking her for her encouraging words. At the bottom it was "signed" (more like stamped) by President Obama. What a special treat to receive right before we celebrate this wonderful nation's freedom!!! And what a treasure to save and put in her scrapbook :)

No comments: