... the joy we had at the births of our precious babies... the sorrow at the loss of loved ones...the humor at some of the silly things we've done... the feeling of contentment by living out our dreams... the peace we have in serving God together and bringing our children up to know how awesome He is... and the list just goes on!
Joel gave me a single red rose last night and this morning I got a dozen of them - he sure knows how to make me smile! He also got me a very nice watch and some new workout clothes :)
I had a hard time this year figuring out what to get him, so I decided instead to celebrate all week long with a "week of remembrance".
On Monday I wrapped up a CD with the song I Cross My Heart by George Strait because it is "our song". He sang this song to me when we first started dating.
On Tuesday I had great intentions of him opening a little Nutcracker figurine, but it's a little hard to find Christmas stuff at this time of year, and even the shops that have stuff like that all year long just have Santa & snowman stuff. So, we just spent the night talking and laughing about our first date - the Nutcracker Ballet!
On Wednesday he opened the movie Grumpier Old Men which was our first movie date. I told him that I'd love him even when he was old and grumpy :)
Yesterday we remembered the day he proposed to me at Beaver Lake in Eureka Springs. He also took me on a train ride that served dinner after he proposed... what a sweetie!
Today we will be celebrating with our little munchkins at their dance recital. Afterward, I will surprise him by singing Unforgettable to him because that is the song I sang to him at our wedding (it was a surprise to him 10 years ago as well)! We'll have to follow that up by watching our wedding video which will probably bring some laughter and tears :)
Tomorrow night we get to enjoy dinner on a double date with our friends Dan & Amy (their anniversary was last week). A double date with no kids!!! We can't wait :)
So here's to all the precious memories of the last ten years and to the rest of our lives together!!!
3 comments:
Congratulations you two lovebirds!
What a fabulous post! Congrats, and know how lucky you two are to have each other! xo
Such a sweet post! Happy 10 years to 2 very special people!! It seems just like yesterday!
Post a Comment