We were hoping that by this time we would be living in our new house, but not yet...
Joel has been VERY busy with his yards and weedeating highways, then he goes out to work on the house until he just about drops...not to mention that he has been helping me with a newborn and trying to keep up on housework. He's a real trooper!
Right now we're getting close to the final stages of construction! The sheet rock and painting are finished. Joel has almost all of the lighting and fans installed. He has built in all the shelving in the closets and is working on hanging interior doors. Next will come flooring, cabinetry, trim work and hardware, toilets, etc. I was really patient for a long time, but now I'm getting really anxious and ready to move!!! I can't wait to live in my OWN house with my OWN furniture! I'm trying hard to hold on to some patience, but it's getting more and more difficult. I just hope we get to move in time to decorate for Christmas and have our first Christmas as a family of 5 there! If not, we won't even have a tree because all our decorations are buried in the storage building :-(
In all of Joel's hard work, he's managed to come home with a few injuries, but this week was the prize winner (beware if you have a weak stomach!)...
He actually shot himself in the finger with a nail gun! OUCH! His finger was actually nailed to a board, so he had to get dikes to cut the nail out of the board so that he could pull the nail out of his finger. He didn't want to go to the doctor, but since my friend Kristy (who is an ER doctor) insisted, he finally went! He had to get a tetanus shot and some antibiotics to make sure it doesn't get infected, but other than that he'll be fine!
1 comment:
YEOUCH! At first I thought that was *your* finger because of the red... because I thought that was nail polish. Yeah, I'm a smart one. Glad he'll be okay!
Post a Comment