Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

8.26.2011

The Month of Celebrations

Around here August is a pretty busy month. And this August just got busier...

We welcomed our son
Seth Ryan Summers
August 4, 2011
7 lbs 7 oz, 20 1/8 in

Here are some of his first few moments of life...

Checking vitals
 After his first bath...LOVE the mohawk :-)
 My handsome little man
 Seth with his sweet "Big Sisters"
 Snuggle time with Daddy

And I LOVE the hospital pics that they took!  Hospital pictures have come a LONG way since my girls were born :-)  Here's my favorites:

 My little cowboy :-)

He is now 3 weeks old!  I can't even believe how the time is already flying!  We are both doing well.  Everything has not gone as I had planned, but I am trying to be flexible.  Right now I'm just grateful that he is a healthy little guy!  Here are some of my favorite moments over the past few weeks...

The girls love to hold him


This pic is of Seth's first Sunday to go to church.  The overalls he wore were Joel's overalls when he was a baby!

I love the way he lays all curled up when he sleeps :-)

Precious face - I love to kiss his little cheeks and lips!

 Hanging out in the swing

 Love these little feet!

My favorite times - snuggling him close...what a precious gift from God

Zora and I also celebrated birthdays this month :-)  Zora chose to have cinnamon rolls for her birthday breakfast, Braum's for lunch, and Chinese buffet for dinner.  On her actual birthday we went to see the Smurfs in 3D. Then that weekend we took her to roller skate.  She had a blast!  Both girls were all smiles as they skated. 


For my birthday my husband and mother tried to convince me that I needed to leave all 3 kids and go out for a date.  Honestly, all I wanted was a nice quiet day at home in my pjs with no where to go.  And that's just what I did.  I stayed in my comfy pjs all day and just enjoyed my family.  What a blessing :-)

On Sunday, August 21, we had another celebration at our church.  Joel and I dedicated Seth to the Lord.  We acknowledge that Seth is truly a gift from God to us.  We vowed before our family and friends that we would do our best as his parents to always raise him according to God's Word and teach him how to live a godly life.  It was a precious time for us.

Seth's dedication

Seth made quite the statement in his tuxedo!
He slept through the entire service

I'm sure I'll have more pictures of my new little man soon.  I'll try to post pics of him often...it's just hard to find the time to sit at the computer!  Right now my life is a never-ending cycle of feeding, changing diapers, pumping, and trying to spend time with the girls, too!  Until next time...

7 comments:

Sarah said...

He's adorable! I love the pictures of the girls holding him, too. Maggie was reading this post along with me and is absolutely enthralled as well... she wants me to tell you her favorite picture is the cowboy picture. Congrats again and I hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I need to get mom down here and let her see pics while she can. She spoke with Joel yesterday and told him I said he is so pretty and a beautiful head of hair and she said Joel chest got big and gave his pretty smile. Seth is so cute.

Jones House Happenings said...

congratulations! he's such a handsome little fella! been waiting for your news. looks like ariella and seth have the same birthday. that's fun. hope your recovering well and enjoying more days in your pjs cuddling your little guy.

Brian, Phoebe, Jacob, Gwyn and Annie said...

Congrats!! He is just precious and I love those baby lips!!

Jvawter said...

Congratulations on your beautiful new family member! He is precious! Yes Joel he is a "pretty" baby boy! Rick and I share in your joyful blessing of baby Seth!

Mom you look amazing as always! SETH'S BIG SISTERS ARE BEAUTIFUL AS WELL AND GROWING UP TOO FAST! JOEL, YOU HAVE YOUR LITTLE MAN ON YOUR TEAM SO MAYBE YOU WILL HAVE A CHANCE WITH YOUR LADIES!

AGAIN, congratulations and God bless you all!

Brandee said...

Congratulations Tara and Joel on the arrival of beautiful baby Seth. What a precious blessing and he chose a great day to arrive on...we share the same birthday :) I'm sure life is crazy busy right now, but it looks like he has two doting sisters with helping hands. Best wishes for the coming weeks and months as you continue with home schooling and carrying for a little one!

Kelly said...

Congrats! He's precious!