Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

6.07.2011

Home Is Where The Heart Is

I know this saying is as old as the hills, and probably most think of it as a total cliche, but lately I've realized how incredibly true it really is.

Back in March we moved from our family's first home to my mom's house as a temporary place until our new home is complete.  Then after living here for less than 3 months we found out my mom's house sold and we have to be out by next week.  Our house is still not complete (and may not be for at least 2-4 months), so we are moving to another temporary home.

I've never really been a materialistic person - I'm actually a minimalist - but now more than ever I am realizing that it is not the house, or the things in the house that make a place your home.  I honestly don't care where we live as long as it is safe and clean and our family can be together.  And while it is absolutely exhausting to move again and again, it can also be very refreshing and cleansing because you truly learn what it is important in life.  It's not the stuff.  Stuff doesn't make me happy.  I've actually enjoyed letting most of my stuff go.  My new house may not have much in it, but I know that it will be filled with joy and love and that is what I desire :-)

I think the most challenging part for my Type A personality is living "in the moment" and not having everything perfectly planned out.  Oh, yes, I still try to plan things out, but I've discovered lately that no matter how much I plan, those plans often get thrown out the door because of circumstances.  With my previous two pregnancies I had their rooms set up, the names on the wall, the clothes washed and hung in the closet, the swing, carseat & stroller all in place and a stash of diapers and wipes just waiting for that little bundle of joy.  Because we've been living "in limbo" I haven't done any of that.  I have ONE small package of diapers, a few burp rags, a few outfits, his bedding, and that's it!  I have no bed, changing table, dresser, carseat, stroller, swing...NONE of what I would normally have by now.  But the funny thing is that I'm okay with it.  Obviously I will get a carseat and other necessities, like some more clothes, diapers & wipes before he arrives, but all those other things will just have to wait.  Right now I have to focus on moving again, and the less stuff I have to move the better!  I just want a happy, healthy little boy and that will suffice.  All the other "stuff'" can wait.  Because STUFF is just STUFF, but HOME is truly where the HEART is!!!

2 comments:

PraiseJunky said...

Funny how we realize the truth of it all when we are faced with having to relenquish "control".....haha.. Been there. I let go of alot too when we moved.....it was actually freeing. Will be praying for you guys during this transition time.

Kendra said...

So true. It's easy to get caught up in the less important. You are in my thoughts and prayers often. May God bring all that you desire and more!