Zora & Lily working on their part of the flag
The girls flag
The boys flag
I was so proud of Zora because she went way out of her comfort zone and ran for President! I was shocked that she did this because she does not like being in front of a group talking. She wrote her entire speech by herself. Even though she was not chosen as President, I think giving the speech really made her gain some self-confidence.
Zora's Speech
(please pardon my pitiful camera skills!)
In case you couldn't understand her this is what she wrote/said:
Hi! My name is Zora.
I am running for President.
The reason why I want you to vote for me
is because I would take care of the country very well.
And I would also make sure there was enough protection.
Also I would make sure there was enough hospitals
and enough people to care for the poor.
I would make a good President because I am strong, kind,
and would make a good leader.
So vote for Zora.
Thank you!
Exploring with friends
They had some fantastic discoveries!
At the end of our nature exploration the girls decided to just play on the shore with pails and buckets.
Right as we were getting ready to leave we had a visit from a flock of seagulls. They were beautiful!
It looks as if we might get one more short taste of warm weather so we will be exploring there again soon. Then we'll have to find indoor activities to do because the cold weather will be moving in to stay :-(
This week we had a little art lesson about sculptures. We then took a little trip with some friends to The Purple Glaze to paint some sculptures of our own! The girls did great! :-)
My little painters
Lily painted the funny little monkey and Zora painted the mermaid...
No comments:
Post a Comment