We have been having a lot of fun with our two different homeschool groups. One of the moms from our group taught the kids how to weave. The girls learned how to weave on a loom and they both made bookmarks. They both did a fantastic job and their final pieces are beautiful! I didn't have to really help either one of them much - not even Lily! They loved weaving so much that we bought them a loom so that they could make more projects...
Lily weaving

Lily's project up close

Zora weaving

Zora's project up close

The girls also learned some cartooning techniques from one of the dads in our homeschool group. He gave the kids some great tips on drawing cartoon animals. He taught them how to draw a dog, cat, penguin, snake, bat & horse. The girls both did great!
Zora hard at work

Zora's penguin

Lily hard at work

Lily's cat

This past week we took a trip to the zoo with our group, but this zoo trip was different than usual. We had a great tour guide, Tiffany, who gave the kids a short lesson on the rainforest. She then gave us a behind-the-scenes tour of the rainforest building and taught us so much about the plants and animals that live there. At the end of our tour she allowed all the children to pet a python!

Notice Lily's eyes in this picture! Do you think they could get any bigger? Zora, on the other hand, absolutely loved petting the snake. She was front and center when it was time!

And, speaking of snakes... I had to kill one in my brother-in-law's yard this weekend! All of the kids were playing outside and Zora came running up yelling SNAKE!!! She is quite the drama queen, so I didn't take her seriously at first, but then when I went to look, she was right! It was a baby (thankfully!) and we weren't for sure what kind it was, so we decided to get rid of it because it was trying to strike at the kids. The men had left to go to the store, so it was just my sister-in-law with me and the kids. She is TERRIFIED of snakes, so I got the honors. I'll have to add that to my list of skills... ha!
3 comments:
Some honors! Did you ever work out what kind it was? I'd have been scared to death that it would bite ME! My son would be so jealous of that zoo trip, and I'm envious of the weaving; what fun!
Wow! Tara the Snake-Killer! :) I'm so impressed - I'm scared to death of snakes and would NEVER do that (and we've had 2 in our garage in the last year)!
You are Wonder Woman! Seriously!!
Post a Comment