Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

3.04.2010

The Power of Prayer

Thanks so much to all of you who have lifted us up in your prayers this week! I certainly do believe in the power of prayer, and I have a lot of good news to share with you!!!

I spoke with my Granny this morning and she is feeling fantastic! She finished her radiation treatments last week. She just had back surgery yesterday to repair some damage from the cancer and she said she hasn't felt this good in months! She is regaining her appetite and really feels like her "old self" again. Praise be to God! :-)

I also took Joel to the doctor today concerning the two mysterious masses on his pelvic bone. More good news! The orthopedic specialist does not feel that these two places are anything to worry about. He is, however, recommending that Joel go ahead and get the nuclear bone scan and MRI just as a precaution, but he is very doubtful that the tests will show anything! Praise be to God! :-)

And finally, my nephew is slowly improving! He has been taken off the ventilator, but he is still getting oxygen through a tube. They are also trying to slowly wean him off of his medication and so far there have not been any adverse reactions to the decreasing medication levels. His fever is gone now so he is able to have skin-to-skin contact with his parents. They are still not able to hold him, but they can touch his precious little body. The only development I got today that was not good news about him was that a bed sore has developed on his little head, so please continue to pray for him.

Thanks so much! God bless you all who are praying for us and supporting us with your love and friendship! We are truly blessed to have you in our lives!

4 comments:

PraiseJunky said...

Praise the Lord!!! So glad to hear your great news. We will continue to pray as God continues to work.

Lisa said...

Yea!!! So glad to hear it! I've been praying! :)

Brilliant Creations said...

I'm so happy to hear that everything is making a turn for the better. I knew your Granny would feel so much better after the surgery!! Yay!! Also, so relieved that the doctor gave you guys good news--your family is protected and blessed. Can't wait to start seeing our beautiful besties again! Miss you. xo xo xo

Emster said...

Oh Tara! You all have really been going through it! Just got caught up on your blog. So sorry for such a rough time but sounds like there is a lot of good news to celebrate now! Thinking of you! :)