Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

11.03.2009

Pictures Galore!

I must admit that I am a sucker when it comes to taking pictures - especially during the fall. I love the scenery and of course I love taking pictures of my kids :) Just between yesterday and today I took almost 150 pictures. So here are just a few.

We just began studying habitats in science. Our first habitat to study was forests, so we talked about trees yesterday. For our science activity we studied the trees in our back yard. The girls drew the leaves and did tree bark rubbings in their science journals.


When we were finished studying the trees and leaves we got a little sidetracked with grasshoppers and the swingset...Today we went to the zoo. Of course, we couldn't pass up the usual photo spots!




The girls took along their science journals to draw some of their favorite plants and animals and classify them according to their habitats.The animals were very active today. I guess they are enjoying this beautiful weather too!






Besides the beautiful animals, we enjoyed the beauty of fall today!





After being at the zoo for several hours we started getting a little goofy. We ended the day with a snack and some silly pictures.

And as we pulled out of the parking lot we saw a sign that winter is just around the corner!!!

1 comment:

Emster said...

what a couple of dolls! and those trees look gorgeous!