Our Mission Statement

Our Mission Statement
Teach the
heart to love, the mind to learn, and the soul to live - for now and eternity - through Christ-centered education.

7.31.2009

Kids Say the Cutest Things...

Zora has just been full of "deep thoughts" lately and today she said a couple more cute things that made me smile.

A song was on the radio with these words

"There is hope for every man
A solid place where he can stand
In this dry and weary land
There is hope for every man..."
She said, "Mommy, there's hope for women too!" Yes, that's right. I explained to her than it meant mankind not just men.
Another conversation that took place in the car today was about moving. She's been asking a lot of questions about moving because our friends just moved to Arizona and her Uncle Jamie is moving out of my mom's house and into a rent house. She also knows that Joel has lived here his entire life and has never moved, so naturally she's curious. She started asking me how many times different people in our family had moved and all the different places they had lived.
Then she said, "Mommy, I've moved before."
I said, "No, honey, you've lived in the same house we live in now since you were born."
"But, Mommy, I moved from heaven to earth when God put me in your tummy!"
Priceless... I love their sweet, innocent little minds :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Zora is right, and her insightfulness melts my heart!
I love it! I love her!
Tara, thanks for your words of encouragement today. You are the best.